Continuing its annual tradition for the fourth consecutive year, BMW Motorrad Canada is hosting Summerfest 2010 at Mosport International Raceway from July 9 – 11, 2010. Mosport Raceway is in Ontario, Canada, about 60 miles east of Toronto.
Strategically scheduled to coincide with the 4th and 5th rounds of this year’s Parts Canada Superbike Championship, BMW Motorrad Summerfest will again be staged on its familiar 500,000 square-foot site in the Mosport infield, with several exciting new attractions complementing the popular list of activities that have come to define BMW Motorrad Summerfest.
New attractions this year include:
- Chris Pfeiffer, World and European motorcycle freestyle stunt-riding champion returns to Summerfest, reprising his spectacular appearance at the first Summerfest event in 2007. Chris will, as always, be performing the impossible on his BMW F800R.
- Touratech Canada, an OEM and aftermarket manufacturer of accessories for BMW motorcycles, and Ztechnik, an OEM and aftermarket manufacturer of windscreens for BMW motorcycles, who will be new additions to the vendor area.
A fascinating new seminar series with guest speakers to include:
- David Hatch and Norm Wells (Director of BMW Motorrad Canada) from TSN’s Motorcycle Experience television show.
- Rene Cormier, the global adventurer who spent five years travelling around the world on his BMW F650GS Dakar.
- Paul “The Iceman” Mondor who rode across Canada in winter (his 2010 Frozen Butt Tour), also on a BMW F650GS Dakar.
The regular array of popular BMW Motorrad Summerfest displays and activities returns, including:
- A full display of the 2010 BMW Motorrad model lineup, complemented by exciting new BMW and MINI car models.
- The BMW Rider Equipment & Apparel Tent, offering great deals on a wide range of BMW Motorrad gear.
- Sécurité Active rider training, with their expert instructors free rider training sessions – a sample of the extensive courses offered at their home base in Montreal.
- A full schedule of on-road and off-road test rides of the full range of BMW motorcycles, utilizing the breathtaking roads around the Mosport venue for the street rides, and a 30km-long snowmobile trail system woven in and around the Mosport property, for the trail rides.
- The Saturday night Summerfest Feast to all pre-event ticket purchasers.
- The popular BMW “Bavarian Beer Garden“ watering hole.
- A Saturday night concert series, with full stage, in the infield – feature bands to be announced!
- Exclusive participation in a parade-lap of the legendary Mosport track on Sunday during the lunch break for all pre-event ticket purchasers (BMW riders only).
The Rush HD/BMW Motorrad Canada Superbike Team will, of course, be competing in the 4th and 5th rounds of the Parts Canada Superbike Championship on Mosport’s “big” track, with the spectacular new BMW S1000RR racebikes. BMW Motorrad team riders Francis Martin and Mike Ferreira are expected to provide the strongest competitive challenge yet in the Parts Canada Superbike Championship series.
Camping, as always, is available on site and offered as part of the BMW Motorrad Summerfest ticket package.
Complete information on BMW Motorrad Summerfest and online ticket registration can be accessed at www.bmw-motorrad.ca/summerfest. You can also visit the BMW Motorrad Summerfest Facebook fan page and become a fan by searching BMW Motorrad Summerfest.