BMW Motorrad updates the K1600GTL for 2017:
- Adaptation to EU4 requirements.
- 6-cylinder in-line engine including new catalytic converters and adapted data status according to EU4 requirements, with an output of 118 kW (160 hp) at 7,750 rpm and a maximum torque of 175 Nm at 5,250 rpm.
- Enhanced visual presence.
- Optimized wind and weather protection due to enlarged slipstream deflectors as well as side trim sections moved further to the rear.
- Relaxed, upright seating posture with handlebars shifted further back (as compared to the K1600GT) and lower footrests.
- Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA with automatic damping adaptation as standard.
- Reverse assist for even simpler maneuverability as an ex works option.
- Shift Assistant Pro for shifting up and down without clutch activation as an ex works option.
- Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option for rapid assistance in an accident or emergency (currently only available in European markets with ConnectedDrive capability).
- New attractive color schemes:
– Lightwhite non-metallic
– Thundergrey metallic
– K1600GTL Elegance: Ebony metallic/Blackstorm metallic
- Extensive standard equipment (ABS Pro, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, xenon headlamp, grip and seat heating, multi-controller, three riding modes, cruise control, topcase with integrated comfortable backrest.etc.).
- Diverse range of well-established optional equipment items (adaptive turning light, daytime riding light, Keyless Ride, Hill Start Control, central locking, forged wheels etc.).
- New and familiar Original BMW Motorrad Accessories, e.g. comfortable passenger footboards, additional brake light for topcase, HP sports silencer, chrome parts, crash bar etc.