BMW Motorrad updates the S1000XR for 2017:
- Adaptation to EU4 requirements.
- Output increased to 121 kW / 165 hp at 11,000 rpm (previously: 118 kW/ 160 hp).
- Optimized vibration-free handlebars for increased comfort.
- Increase in maximum permissible weight from 957 to 979 lbs. (434 to 444 kg), thereby increasing payload by 22 lbs. (10 kg).
- Well-established color concepts Racing Red non-metallic and Lightwhite non-metallic / Granite Grey metallic matt / Racing Red non-metallic.
- New color variant Ocean Blue metallic matt.