BMW Motorrad USA has announced pricing for Connectivity, the optional 6.5-inch digital cockpit display that replaced the standard analog gauges. Initially, this option will be available only on the R1200GS and R1200GS Adventure starting in September 2017 for $600. This includes the on-board computer option that normally costs $150. If you’re ordering a bike with the Premium Package, which already includes the on-board computer, then the price for Connectivity is $450.
In addition to providing typical cockpit info such as speed and rpm, Connectivity also connects to your smartphone to show music, phone and navigation information (with the BMW Motorrad Connected App) and to send audio with a Bluetooth headset. Function controls are provided by the “wonder wheel,” the left grip mounted multi-controller.
BMW Motorrad USA also announced a new color/package option for the 2018 BMW S1000XR. For an additional $550, the new Style HP Package includes BMW Motorsport colors, white/blue/red, for the S1000XR and adds a new Pro Seat which raises seat height from 33.1 to 33.7 inches. Or, you can get the package for $500 with a low seat which reduces the seat height to 32.3 inches.
2018 R1200GS / R1200GS Adventure (arriving September 2017)
The long-awaited Connectivity (with TFT display) option will be available beginning with September production, providing quick and clear information to riders with the least possible distraction from the road:
- $600 MSRP includes On-Board Computer (a $150 value)
- $450 MSRP for when ordered with the Premium Package (which already includes On-Board Computer)
- 6.5” TFT display with a wide range of settings, information and features
- Ability to pair the bike with a smartphone and operate functions via the Multi-Controller. Requires a Bluetooth headset (e.g. the BMW Motorrad Communication System).
- Phone calls and music playback (no app required)
- In conjunction with the free ‘BMW Motorrad Connected App’:
- Basic Navigation with turn-by-turn arrow display
- Vehicle status
- Ability to record routes and display ride statistics and information
2018 S1000XR (arriving Fall 2017)
- Light White/Granite Grey Metallic/Racing red has been discontinued and replaced with HP Motorsport (Light White/Racing Blue metallic/Racing Red) which requires the new Style HP Package referenced below ($500 – $550 MSRP).
Options / Packages
- The new Style HP Package ($550 MSRP) is only available with the new color option HP Motorsport referenced above. It also comes with the new option Pro Seat (only available with the Style HP Package) which raises the standard seat height from 33.1” to 33.7”. Alternatively, the Style HP can be ordered with a Low Seat, which lowers the seat height to 32.3” and lowers the price of the Style HP to $500 MSRP.